The sport of cheerleading has evolved so much within the past decade or so. And, yes, I say sport. Come to any all star cheerleading competition and watch the level 5 divisions to see the athleticism displayed by cheerleaders in a routine of about 2 minutes and 30 seconds, and there should be absolutely no debate.
The evolution of cheerleading should not be only attributed to the extremely advanced and innovative tumbling and stunts, but also to the cheer hair and makeup as well (not to mention the uniforms). An all star cheerleading competition is almost like a fashion show in a sense. It is no longer enough to just display your talent on the mat. You must also display the perfect cheer hair and makeup to go along with your eye catching uniform. Cheerleaders spend hours doing their hair and makeup. And let me tell you, when a cheerleader has hair and makeup that they love, it gives them an extra boost of confidence before heading out on the floor.
My mom and aunt have owned Extreme All Starz for about 12 years now. I currently coach with my older sister Lyndzi, and my younger sister Taylar is on the Large All Girl Level 5 team and Large Senior 3 team. Every competition I do Taylar’s makeup and Lyndzi does her hair, since I am obsessed with makeup and Lyndzi is the best at hair.
Products I used to create her cheer hair and makeup look:
- Foundation: bareMinerals Original Foundation Fair
- Conceal: NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer Chantilly
- Contour: Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzer
- Bronze: SunFlower Illuminating Bronzing Powder Terra
- Highlight: Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
- Finish: Youngblood Hi-Definition Hydrating Powder Translucent
- Lips: Buxom Full-On Lip Cream White Russian
- Prime: Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot Painterly
- Lid: Vanilla Bean, Rockstar (MakeupGeek)
- Transition: Beaches & Cream, Barcelona Beach (Makeup Geek)
- Crease: Taupe Notch, Drama Queen (MakeupGeek)
- Outer V: Corrupt (MakeupGeek)
- Eyeliner: Maybelline Eye Studio: Master Drama Midnight Master, Master Precise Black
- Mascara: Clinique High Impact Mascara Black
- Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Tease Hair Brush
- Big Sexy Hair What A Tease Styler By Sexy Hair
- Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Hairspray
- Hot Tools Professional Curling Iron
Want to see another cheer hair and makeup look? Click HERE!