I always enjoy doing makeup on different people because I get to work with and enhance certain features that I do not have myself. Some products that do not work well on myself, work wonderful on others. I especially love working with different color eye shadows to accentuate different eye colors. My younger sister, Taylar, has the most beautiful green eyes. When I do her makeup, I really like to use colors that will make her green eyes pop.
So, what colors make green eyes pop?
Bronzes, coppers, golds, purples, taupes, greens.
I find that warm colored eye shadows work best to make green eyes pop. When doing Taylar’s makeup, I like to use warm bronzes. For this particular look, I combined colors with slight orange undertones with warm mocha shades. I finished the look with an added touch of metallic champagne to create a beautiful bronzed eye shadow look.
I used all Makeup Geek eye shadows, which I cannot say enough good things about. If you have not tried any of these, I suggest you buy a few ASAP. The Makeup Geek eye shadows are extremely affordable and are of better quality, in my opinion, than those of many higher end brands. These eye shadows have stunning pigmentation. In addition, they are long lasting and they blend flawlessly.
These are the products I used to make her green eyes pop!
- Prime: Mac Pro Longwear Paint Pot Painterly
- Lid: Vanilla Bean, Shimma Shimma (MakeupGeek)
- Transition: Peach Smoothie (Makeup Geek)
- Crease: Frappe, Cocoa Bear (MakeupGeek)
- Outer V: Mocha (MakeupGeek)
- Eyeliner: Kat Von D Tattoo Liner Trooper, Maybelline Eye Studio Master Drama Midnight Master
- Mascara: Clinique High Impact Mascara Black